Are you troubled by a chronic tendon, muscle, or joint pain? Have you been suffering from back problems? If yes, then you are among millions of people across the globe who develop certain type of musculoskeletal issue every year. Some of the most common issues include:
– Muscle strains
– Ignored/overused injuries
– Pain in the knee, back and shoulder
Most people rely on medication for these issues. Many simply ignore and don’t even think of visiting an orthopedic doctor.
Who is an Orthopedic Doctor?
An orthopedic doctor holds specialization in diseases, issues, and injuries associated with the musculoskeletal system. These medical professionals play a crucial role in the following process of handling different musculoskeletal conditions:
Duties and Responsibilities
Orthopedic doctors usually practice in hospitals and have specialized in varied fields. They may treat the following:
– Broken bones
– Injuries resulting from sports
– Broken bones
– Joint related issues such as arthritis
– Congenital conditions
– Degenerative conditions of bones such as osteoporosis
– Tumors of bone
Specialists in the field of orthopedics can handle everything from minor issues such as pain, injury, sprained ankle to highly complex procedures and surgeries such as a spinal surgeries and hip replacement.
In case, you have been experiencing pain in your hips, ankles, back, knees, or shoulders, simply book an appointment with one of the reputed orthopedic surgeons.
Most common signs that warn you to visit a specialist include:
– Trouble using a specific body part to perform daily functions such as climbing stairs, picking up grocery bags
– Pain in joints, muscles, or tendons that linger on for several days together
– Joint pain that gets worse when you rest
– Swelling or bruising around the joint or the location of an injury
– Restricted range of motion, such as not able to back
– A joint deformity
– Signs of infection such as fever, heat, redness, inflammation